Saturday 13 August 2016

A computer bodge

With reference to the screen problem I am having with the chromebook( pink shading at different angles of the screen) I thought I would check the computer connections to the screen hadn't worked loose over a zillion times opening and closing the lid. Getting access was easy enough just  two pieces of trim pop out.



The connector was fine, the problem I think is a fracture in a wire, I noticed when I applied pressure with a finger on the wire the pinkness cleared.

The problem wire is the brown wire going over the left hinge.


Black tape applied.
I put four strips of Gator tape over it, with the trim snapped into place it was enough pressure to fix the problem. Probably not a permanent repair, I will see if I can source the correct part for a permanent fix.

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...