Wednesday 9 September 2015

Kindle Fire

I have been using a Kindle Fire primarily to download  BBC programs and films from the BBC iplayer to watch at a later date, this has worked very well.

Since 1st Sept I get a pop up message saying my addition of the Kindle Fire(second edition) will no longer support the download facility but can still stream content. Streaming is ok but on the canal can be hit & miss becoming frustrating when you watch the spinning wheel buffering more than the program.

Not very happy about this I contacted the mighty Amazon to complain. Upshot is if I want to continue downloading from the BBC iplayer I will need to buy their latest incarnation of Kindle Fire for £299...no thanks. I am now looking for a cheaper option.




No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...