Monday 30 December 2013

2013 Stats and Beer.


Since buying FL in April in the 5 months that we cruised we clocked up
557 miles 298 locks 93 lift bridges 35 aqueduct's and 5 Tunnels.

During these waterway miles we visited some excellent pubs along the way where I sampled  31 different ales.

My top ten ales :-
Marstons Pedigree
Plum Porter
Timothy Taylors
Old Hookey
The Bell Ale
Ruddles County
Marstons Empire
Doombar Ale
London Glory
Spitfire 

I'm afraid I don't have a discerning palate, I can't taste a 20 year old oak barrel or smell the hops from west of the Thanet Way in any beverage although I could taste the plums in Plum Porter. What I can tell you is of the beers that I tasted these are the ones that looked and tasted good to me on the particular day I sampled them, of course dependant on how a landlord keeps his beer my number one spot could of easily been at number thirty.

Well 2013 is just about to flicker out and what a wonderful year it has been for us, we couldn't have picked a better year to start our new life style. The summer was one of the best I can remember, we have made many new friends during our travels, we have seen parts of England we never knew existed and been part of a linear community that welcomed us with open arms.

So to all blog readers  I wish you all the very best for 2014.

Cheers and Beers


No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...