Saturday 20 July 2013

Ali G

Got going early this morning







Liz is at home to see us off.



Heron

Stopped outside the Slug and Lettuce in Staines for supplies, I was brought up in Staines (so was Ali G


The Swan opposite

We are now moored just above Penton Hook Lock and we have taken Sylar onto the island where I fished when I was a lad. Some friends and I once went all night fishing here and to keep warm we lit a bonfire, I fell asleep to close to the burning embers and awoke to find my parka alight. I notice there are No Fishing without a weir permit signs up now and the small dirt tracks on the island have been opened up to wide pathways for walkers.

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...