Thursday 13 October 2016

Keep Out

We have stopped at All Oaks Wood a few times but have not ventured away from the tow path, I thought today I would have a stroll through the oak wood.

An oak wood was created back home to celebrate the millennium by every primary school child on the island planting an acorn which they had germinated at home, on a parcel of land. Sixteen years later there still isn't much of an oak wood to see. So I was interested to see a mature wood..

 A road borders the wood from canal side and this is as far as I got. I hadn't realised it was a private wood.. signs to keep riff raff like me out.





Moorings at All Oak's Wood

We set off around 09:00, plenty of boats on the move, at the Hillmorton's top lock Sue announced that it's the last lock we will be doing for six months.

All Saints church spire meant Braunston was close.
Moved on to Braunston where we met up with friends Martin & Cathy of NB  Moriarty for a pleasant evening in The Boathouse.

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...